Going through a separation or divorce can be one of the most stressful events in a person’s life. Hiring an attorney who understands your situation and has knowledge of the laws in Illinois pertaining to divorce is crucial. When so much is at stake, including time with your children and your finances, you cannot afford to hire unproven legal counsel. Many things may be at stake during this time including time with your children, finances and many other items.
We provide experienced legal representation in all issues related to divorce:
- Divorce- Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, our lawyers will strive to make sure your case concludes in an advantageous manner. When maneuvering the divorce process, you need legal representation who can efficiently guard your interests and secure you the post-divorce future you envision.
- Maintenance (alimony)- We represent both sides of the spousal support argument. A judge considers numerous factors before determining how financial support will be awarded. We will work to obtain a resolution that involves an equitable court order.
- Child support- Child support payments are determined after taking into account numerous criteria but are ultimately governed by what circumstances will serve the child’s best interests. We will ensure your family’s needs are clearly communicated to the court, so you are granted a child support determination appropriate for your children’s well-being.
- Parenting time- In the state of Illinois, the term “custody” is no longer used. The term has been replaced with the following areas: allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time. We are seasoned in handling a wide range of custody issues, such as allocation of parental responsibilities during the divorce process, modification of parenting time, abuse of parenting time and restriction of parenting time.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial agreements- We hold extensive knowledge of the Illinois laws that govern whether or not your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement will be upheld in the courtroom. After taking your financial situation into account, we will draft an agreement that aligns with your wishes.
- Separation- No matter your reason for settling on the option of legal separation, we will guide you through the process. We will minimize the difficulties you face during this uncertain life transition, by ensuring you are granted the provisions you hope for.
Contact an Experienced Divorce Attorney
Whether you are separated or have filed for divorce, contact our firm. We will guide you through this stressful time in your life, and ensure you receive a fair outcome. We want you to receive a fair outcome as you navigate this tough time. Call our firm at 815-900-2300 or fill out our contact form.